Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Vapour or Smoke...


Vapour or Smoke...

How we yearn to thrust ourselves,
into a world (where) we are
no more than wisps of Vapour,
or Smoke.
Imagine if I were lying,
in the busiest square of the city,
and were to fade slowly into nothingness,
or to disappear
into another dimension,
it would coax nothing more
than an unbelieving shake of the head
by a pair of men passing by,
or a gasp of surprise from a woman on the road
(Women believe, more often, what their eyes show them)
And that shall be the most of value
I shall earn:
A couple of shakes and a gasp.
What, then, I ask,
is the meaning of the life
of a wisp of Vapour,
or Smoke?!

3 comments:

  1. Hello. :-)

    I just came across your blog. And the very first post I see is so wonderfully written.

    You really should write more often. :-) Hope to read more from you here.

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete